Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 9010 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

Yesterday I bought a HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 series printer and connected it to my Wifi. It all went very well and I was able to print.

Today I tried it again and was asked for a name and a password from the HP Smart App. I never set a name or password. 

The standard password 12345678 is not working, neither is a password on my wireless network printout listed. 

I tried a lot of things already discussed in the community but unfortunately none of it worked. 

Can you please help me? Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@PandaSeafish 

I would recommend to follow step by step instructions in setting up the printer wireless with the help of the steps in the following weblink:

Wireless Printer Setup

Once the setup is done, refer the following links depending on the phone software in using HP Smart App:

Using the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS)

Using the HP Smart App (Mac)

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Do you have a HP Connected account?  You will need that to sign into HP Smart and enjoy a host of benefits that a registered user enjoys.

Would suggest that you create a HP Connected account.  Try using your sign in for this forum (HP Support Community) for HP Smart.  (email and password)

Also, we'd recommend that you use the HP FULL featured software to get the best out of the printer, the following resources will be useful:

Unbox HP OJP 9010 series and connect using HP Smart

Download and install software for HP OJP 9010 9020 series printers

Update firmware with Front Control Panel

Align printheads 

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.