Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9018 All-in-One Printer

My printer is stuck at choose a language on the LCD startup screen. It doesn't matter what language you choose it won't move forward. It you push English it goes to Dutch. It you try to accept it just goes back to the language list. It just happened. I went to investigate after sending a print job and this is what I see on the printer LCD. I can access the (EWS) interface. My firmware is 2313A.00 from 2023-03-029. I've unplugged  the printer and nothing changes. I went to settings and restore defaults but get an error saying the printer is busy. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @merrifield,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your HP OfficeJet Pro 9018 printer is stuck at the "Choose a Language" setup screen, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue.

• Power cycle the printer: Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for about 30 seconds, and then plug it back in. Turn on the printer and see if it progresses past the language selection screen.
  • Perform a hard reset: Locate the reset button on the back of the printer. Press and hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds using a small, pointed object like a paperclip. Release the reset button and wait for the printer to restart. Check if the language setup screen issue is resolved.
  • Check the control panel buttons: Ensure that none of the control panel buttons are stuck or malfunctioning. Press each button gently to make sure they are not stuck. If any buttons are not functioning properly, contact HP customer support or a service technician for further assistance.
  • Reset the printer to factory defaults: If the language setup screen issue persists, you can try resetting the printer to its factory defaults. To do this, turn off the printer. Press and hold the Wireless and Cancel buttons simultaneously, and then press the Power button to turn on the printer. Continue holding the Wireless and Cancel buttons until the Control Panel displays "Restore Defaults." Release the buttons and follow the on-screen instructions to reset the printer.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for the reply

I tried the Power cycle 

I can't locate the reset button

the control panel is just an lcd screen. only button I can find on the printer is the power button

I used the printer interface from the computer browser to try and reset back to factory settings but get an error message about the printer is busy

not sure what happened. printer is not that old. 

anyway to install firmware again from the usb port using a thumb drive or something?

I also ordered a new 8015e but it doesn't have a fax. had to setup an exchange for a 8025e instead. 

HP Recommended

Hi @merrifield,

Thank you for your response, 

Due to limited support, I would request you contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link.

https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.