Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I change my Officejet pro 8600 for a Officejetpro 8710.

Before i change, i have no problem to print over RDP.

I install the new Officejetpro 8710, she works fine in local.

When I try to print over RDP nothing is printing, BUT

1. I see the job sent to the print queue on the remote computer on port TS002

2. I see the job arriving to the print queue on the local computer on port CN68HG329Y

3. I see the status "printing..."

4. I see the job disappear from the two print queues (rdp and local) as if all is Ok

BUT nothing is printing on the printer!!!

I see on forums, to try the Officejetpro 8600... my old printer... and then i make this experience:

1. on the local computer, i change the driver on the Advanced tab of properties to "Officejet 8600"

2. I connect to my remote desktop via RDP and test to print

3. Surprise: IT'S WORK

My question is:

1. Why the driver of the Officejet pro 8710 dont work WITHOUT error message, he just cancel the job???

2. How I can do? It's not a solution to use another driver, it's a FAKE!!!

Thank you for your answer, and excuse for my english, I am from Switzerland.

Igor

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello,

I did the same but it did not work.

Can you Explain what you did on the server side?

HP Recommended

You have to install the generic 8600 drivers on the remote desktop/server.

On the local side, you have to go to the advanced properties of the 8710 to change the driver to the 8600.

You make the RDP connexion and the printer works.

HP seems not to want to solve this issue.

My old printer was a 8600, never a problem with rdp.

I buy a new 8710, no solution to use this printer with a rdp connexion.

I'm SURE thatmy NEXT printer will not be an HP printer!!!

HP Recommended

Already July 2017, but still the same problem!  HP Officejet 8710 over RDP is still not printing. Win7 on both sides (local & remote), printer job is transferring from remote to local, but then vanishing into the nirvana. So six months were not enough for HP to get their 8710 drivers working for RDP sessions?!

Bad work, HP, shame on you!!!

But big thanx to iberger! It's working with the old Officejet 8600 drivers, even with Win10 on local side ...

HP Recommended

I have same problem, printer 8710, terminal server Windows 2008 R2 x64, klient Windows 7 32 bit, no work, printing nothing (job seeing in remote and local). In eventlog error 2147500037. Changing to 8600 working (install driver on server and client). I don't understood 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.