Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP PageWide Pro 577 MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

Our user can not print to the printer. I checked the JOB Storage on printer LCD, I see no job queues but there some documents in printer queues in my’s printer queue. I restarted the printer, after that the printer processed the queue and print out the document in the queue. We have around 3 documents in the queue at that time.

I am not sure what is wrong with our printer.  Do I have to restart the printer every 2 weeks? I haven't restart it since August 10, 2020. If i don't restart it, it has issue again. Last time it was freezing when I tried to connect to printer embedded web server and Touch LCD was frozen too. 

I did not have any issues with this printer last year. we use it for over a year now. It still under HP warranty.

Firmware are update to date now.

I contacted HP few times, they came onsite 1 time on August 10, 2020 but they could not find any issue.

I have no error like this with Epson printer. I don't have to restart the printer. Anyone has the same issue like me?

--------------------

Update for my printer. This is kind of a story of my printer
24/06/2020 Case 5049525024 is created. Printer is freezing, reboot printer to make it work. Checking with HP Support for the issue
26/06/2020 Case 5049525024 closed. HP support created new case.
26/06/2020 Case 5049638953 created.  Checking with HP Support for the issue
01/07/2020 Close case 5049638953. After reboot printer it is working fine.
23/07/2020 Printer is freezing, can not print to it. Reboot the printer and it works.
23/072020 - 28/07/2020 chatting with HP support for the printer. I tried to use different method to find out the solution for my printer. HP onsite support on 3/08/2020. Keep monitoring for few days. Printer is reboot on this day. (Case 5051082248 created)
10/08/2020: After Reboot the printer, it works fine after reboot. Close case 5051082248
25/08/2020: reboot the printer. it works fine after reboot. (HP could not give me the reason why and what happened with the printer), Today, i enable the printer job log, so I can see which job is failed. Under Power Management, I enable the shutdown time every day at 1hAM and start time at 2hAM.  I can not see any logs for the restart, i am not sure this feature is working because I see no event log for printer restart or printer turn off or printer turn on.
Today is 31/08/2020, the printer is still working fine since last reboot on 25/08/2020. Keep monitoring this.

Today 01/09/2020, the printer is still working fine.
Today 02/09/2020, Can not print to the printer, Can not access to printer embedded web. Can not print to the printer. I still can ping to the printer, it said printer is offline. I have no choice to restart the printer. After reboot, i can access embedded web and the printer status is online again. Checking with HP Support.
Checking with HP Support via WhatsApp. HP Case number: 5052909321 created, HP support will be onsite to replace the formatter.
Today 4/09/2020 The printer is still working fine since last reboot on 02/9/2020
Today 07/09/2020 The printer is still working fine since last reboot on 02/9/2020
Hp contact to follow up and give new case number 5052909321
Hp support will be onsite on 08/09/2020 to replace the formatter
Today 08/09/2020 - HP part delay. They may not visit today. The printer is still working fine since last reboot on 02/9/2020
Today 09/09/2020 - HP Support visit office to replace the formater. Keep monitor for over a week to see if the issue still happen again.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.