Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: PaviHP PageWide Pro MFP 477 DW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I set up this printer originally on in my office. We got a new router and I set the printer up to this router.  That router is fried and I have to switch the printer over to our old router.  I switched over 4 other printers in our office no issues. All the same printer. This printer it will not let me enter WIFI set up wizard it says it was locked by the person that set it up.  I did not lock it.  I tried to log in using the only pin I would use and it does not work.  I have tried to do a hard reset but it says hard reset is locked by the person who set up the printer. I did not lock that.  Is there a way around to do a complete hard reset of the printer with the privilege's locked? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

Hope you are well,  please try to do a manual powerdrain to the printer by turning the printer off and unplug it from the electrical source and then press the power button for 10 seconds, then reconnect the printer, and try to run the wifi wizard or try to access the settings menu and go to the general option to get the factory reset option,

If its still locked, please try to connect an ethernet cable to get an IP address on the printer, once you get the IP address, please use it to access the printer online menu, type it in into the web browser URL and then try to go to the network option to set it up on wireless.

Regards,

Regards,

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.