Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I have an old but functioning HP Photosmart 145 and would like to use it, but there are no drivers for Windows 10.

Old threads suggested to use Windows built-in drivers. I've tried that way, but the drivers for the Photosmart 145 do not appear on the list of Windows built-in drivers. Another user suggested to try to install the drivers for Photosmart 330, which work with the 145, but I don't see built-in drivers for the Photosmart 330 on the list.

I'd like to know if there is any other driver that might work, or any other way to use this printer with Windows 10.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @mussolo ,

Please try the driver install steps from the next video, cerca trova

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQSHa0lFWQs

* Click YES   to say thank you, 

* Click Accepted Solution when question is answered.

Best regards, Buon pomeriggio,

ferRX.

BADGE_VERSION_7_ferRX.pngdodecaedroh.gif

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.
HP Recommended

Hi @FerRX I have watched this video, but as I said in my opening post, it suggests to install the drivers of the Photosmart 330, which should work for the photosmart 145. 

The problem is that the video was done using Windows 7, but on Windows 10 there are no built-in drivers for the Photosmart 330. So I wonder if any of the available built-in drivers for the Photosmart series on Windows 10 will work for the 145 model.

HP Recommended

HI @mussolo 

Well, let me tell you the process to Add manually a printer is the same for Windows 10.

When you arrive to the Add printer window to select a driver,

then you need to click on Windows update button.

The windows update button will take 5 to 10 minutes to update, so you need to wait...

Then you need to click on HP and then look for Photosmart 330.

If you take a look at the video at minute 3:16 you will find to click Windows Update button.

Best regards,

ferRX.

HP Recommended

@FerRX I have already done this, but the problem is that after I click on Windows Update, the HP Photosmart 330 does not appear on the list of printers. 

In the pictures below you can see all the Photosmart models that are listed as built-in drivers, and neither the 145 nor the 330 are included on the list.

What I am asking is if you know of any other alternative driver, appearing on the list below, that could work with the 145.

Cattura2.JPGCattura1.JPGCattura3.JPG

HP Recommended

Nobody has an answer to that, shall I retire my old glorious Photosmart 145?

HP Recommended

Hi @mussolo ,

When you add manually the printer look for a similar model like Photosmart A440

Best regards,

ferRX.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.