Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-09-2021 05:58 PM - edited 02-09-2021 06:00 PM
My reliable old HP Photosmart 4480 All-in-One Printer attached to a Dell XPS workstation running Windows 10 stopped scanning. This is what appears when I try to run HP Solution Center to figure out what's happening:
Anyone know what might be happening?
02-10-2021 08:56 AM - edited 02-19-2021 09:50 AM
Leave the Solution Center software installed...
Welcome to theHP Community.
Reminder to those reading:
DoNOT respond to who post phone numbers or email addresses.
These might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.
HPdoes not post phone numbers or email in Community messages.
Flash is gone and is never coming back.
>>> The GUI that opens the main Solution Center software menu depended on Flash.
The HP Solution center software is based on Flash:
TKB article contributed by HPJessikaV
Information and a Comments section
Print software still works with applications.
Tools and other status reports are explained in your printer's User Guide.
The oldis located in "Digital Imaging"
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\
Find andDouble-Click on File name / executable: hpiscnapp.exe
– Microsoft Store - Requires Windows 8 or higher
- “Get” the application from the Store > Windows Scan
Paint (mspaint) can be used to scan.
– “Not Another PDF Scanner”
- Download-Save-Install > NAPS2
- Not another PDF Scanner – free program scans PDF files and image(s) as .jpeg or PDF file(s).
- Includes anOCR feature– may need Ghostscript add-on (SeeNAPS2 forum entry)
- Read theSupportpages for information
- Download, save, and install the NAPS2 software to use.
- Download-Save-Install HP Scan and Capture
- Download-Save-Install >HP Scan Extended
- HPSE is a subset an older Full Feature Software suite. Leave your printer software installed, then install HPSE.
- HPSE features are very similar to the HP Scan Software released after 2015.
NOTE: Setup is similar for both Image JPEG and PDF scanning
Some options are model dependent.
Be sure to check / adjust the settings in More >
Irfanviewprovides an exceptional software experience that can be used for a variety of scan and print tasks, including the “Mirror” or horizontal flip function plus several other options not found elsewhere.
- Create a Restore Point (optional, recommended)
- Download the appropriate version (32bit or 64bit) of the program from theWebsiteand install the program
- Additional information at the website, including: FAQ
Once installed, open the software > tabHelp
“Things that are your printer”
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Access to thePrint and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) aCategory > Topic > Subtopic
Enter the type and name of your HP device
Thank you for participating in theHP Community.
The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..
Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and useHP devices.
ClickThumbs Up to say Thank You.
Question Resolved / Answered, Click"Accept as Solution"
02-16-2021 08:08 AM
You are welcome.
Flash has not been used for years for the purpose of running the GUI.
Solution Center is left over from an old method.
Any new printer you purchase does not use Flash anywhere in the software.
Thank you for participating in the HP Community.
The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.
Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.
Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.
Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"