Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart Prem C310
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have spent days and nights to uninstall and reinstalll this software.

I have the latest software pack: PS_AIO_07_C310_FSW_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.

I have done a very time consuming clean up and additionally used the tool : MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab to assist the cleaning up process.

Nothing helps. The installation process does not install the Solution Center and when finalizing the installation process - configuring - I get a fatal arror.

Uninstalling screws up too and the windows installer stops workling.

I truly need help - and a tool that can clean up the entire installation of the software suite, so I can do a clean reinstall.

I truly need a cleanup tool - can anybody help, please!!

Thanks,

Anders

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@strand-holm, Thanks for writing back to us.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned you have not tried the steps but you will try the steps and get back to us.

Sure you can take your time and try out the steps.

If you have any queries you can always write back to us. We will try our best to help you out.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi! @strand-holm, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand you are getting a fatal error during printer software installation.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your laptop?

Do you get any error when you install the drivers on your PC?

Try the steps recommended below.

On the Windows taskbar, click Start (), and then click Shut Down ().
From the What do you want the computer to do? drop-down list, click Restart, and then click OK.
Download and install the latest printer software
Go to the HP website to download and install the most current version of the print driver and software for your printer.
Turn on the printer.
If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

Download the full feature printer software using this link.

Edit permissions for Users, Administrators, and SYSTEM

On the Windows taskbar, click Start.
Click My Computer.
Right-click System (C:), and then click Properties.
   NOTE:
If your drive is not System (C:), change to your drive name and letter.
Click the Security tab.
Under Group or user names, click Users.
Under Permissions for Users and the Allow column, check these boxes:
Read & Execute
List Folder Contents
Read
Click Apply.
Under Group or user names, click Administrators.
Under Permissions for Administrators and the Allow column, check the same boxes as you did for Users, unless they are already checked.
Click Apply.
Under Group or user names, click SYSTEM.
Under Permissions for SYSTEM and the Allow column, check the same boxes as you did for Administrator and Users, unless they are already checked.
Click Apply.
Click OK.
Click Yes on the Windows Security message box.
If you receive an Error Applying Security message, click Continue.
On the Windows taskbar, click Start, and then click Shut Down.
From the What do you want the computer to do? drop-down menu, click Restart, and then click OK.
Try to install the HP printer software again.

Also, try creating a new user account on your PC and install the printer software.

If the issue still persists try uninstalling the printer software using Revo uninstaller. You can download this software from Google search.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot fatal errors during installation.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works! 
Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello MrRobot,

Thanks for coming back to me and for your thorough troubleshooting.

However it does not really meet the steps neccessary to totally uninstall the HP C310  Prem software suite. Some of the software suite is already installed and when the uninstaller reaches 85% it simply stops with a "Stub" error - It gathers error logs and try to upload it but none of this works.

I know this particular software package is a true pain in the xxx - always was, no matter which computer you install it onto. Believe me, I have had my share of aggtravation.

If you could just advise me a cleaning up tool that will remove everything, all leftover and each and every registry hive and entry. I will be most pleased!

We bought a new HP printer and wait to receive it. The HP C310 has cost me hours - days and nights. I only need to get totally rid of the failed installation. It is the Digital Imaging part that totally fails and it has no size in add/remove programs.

Please just help me - there must be a tool - that can clean out this nightmare, so I can install the new software when our new printer arrives.

I know it will be a nightmare, as the very same problem will appear, when I begin to uninstall the software suite on all our computers in the family. A true nightmare.

Thanks

Anders

HP Recommended

@strand-holm, Thanks for your quick response and time.

As you mentioned when you uninstall or reinstall printer software it stops at 85%.

Did you try uninstalling the printer software using the Revo uninstaller as I suggested in my previous thread?

Also, try creating a new user account and install the printer software.

You can also try the steps recommended to uninstall the printer software from root level.

In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

Select your HP printer.

Select Uninstall.

In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

Click on Drivers tab.

Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

Select OK.

Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

Close Devices and Printers.

Link to update the full feature printer software.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know how it goes!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi MrRobit,

Okay - I will follow your most recent instructions and hope that Revo uninstaller will help remove the remains of the incomplete software suite.

However, I will first be able to get through your steps in the upcoming weekend. Then I will come back to you.

Thanks, again MrRobot :Wink:

The best,

Anders

HP Recommended

@strand-holm, Thanks for writing back to us.

As you mentioned you have not tried the steps but you will try the steps and get back to us.

Sure you can take your time and try out the steps.

If you have any queries you can always write back to us. We will try our best to help you out.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good morning Mr. Robot.

I took down Revo Uninstaller Pro and frankly, it did a wonderful job.

I could just sit back and enjoy the cigar! :generic: :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

The only left over was a temp folder and some other minor things. As far as I can tell it did clean out entirely. As for the regustry I have to trust Revo Uninstaller as it is far too extensive (I tried once to clean out manually. It took more than two hours of concentrating work!

Anyway, my warmest thanks to you Mr. Robot. Mission accomplished!

I bought a 3-license pack for our two Laptops and the Desktop.

The best to you from Denmark

Anders

HP Recommended

@strand-holm,

I am glad that the issue is fixed. I hope the printer works great and gives you several years of happy printing.

As @A4Apollo, is out for the day, I am responding on his behalf.

Please mark @A4Apollo's post as an accepted solution as it will benefit several others with the same issue.

Also, give the post a Kudos for his efforts to help.

Thanks and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks you!🙌🙌
HP Recommended

@strand-holm,

I am glad things panned out.

Take care.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.