cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
CaseyRockStar
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Photosmart unit needs Windows 10 support

HP Recommended
Photosmart C4345
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Picked up a lightly used Photosmart C4345 before I realized HP provides no Windows 10 support for the unit.  Snagged a W10 printer driver from Windows Update, but not finding work-arounds for scan, fax or suite applications. I don't think the Windows "compatibility install" is still around, or worked that well when it was.

Any suggestions would be appreciated (keeping in mind I've already learned the lesson not to buy used until I check driver/firmware status  🙄

Thx!

As long as I'm in here among knowledgeable users, maybe a few of you have some thoughts on the following: Over the years, I've talked with DOZENS of friends, family, co-workers, etcetera about their printers.  Many say they LOVE the "high resolution" of their printer - especially when they have a new one. 

Now, in order to actually print in best available resolution - with HP units at least - I know one must manually enter and activate: "Printer Properties > Advanced > Max DPI > Enabled"  --and-- "Properties > Features > Basic Options > Print Quality > Best." Yet despite their raves, I've seen these options activated in these friends' units a couple-three times at most in 25+ years (but after explaining all this, at least TWICE that many have called me back a couple days later to ask "What the heck did you do to slow my printer down to a crawl?" ) 

Question is ... does all this represent a marketing ploy by printer companies or what? Am I missing something? 

- thx 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation