cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
speterkane
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Smart App on M1 Mac

HP Recommended
HP Smart App
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Just got an HP DeskJet 4100. I installed the HP Smart app on my iPhone and added the printer to our network. I've now installed the HP Smart app to my M1 Mac mini  (via the App Store). I can open the app just fine and log into my HP account, but each time I click the "Add Printer" button within the HP Smart app, the app crashes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay_G24
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,330 14,296 1,174 1,297
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @speterkane,

I'd like to help!

I understand the HP Smart crashes on your mac.

Try the below suggestions -

1. Uninstall HP Smart 

•  If installed from HP.com please delete from /Users/Username/Library/Application Support/HP Smart. Then delete HP Smart from the Applications folder and reinstall from the Mac App Store.
  • If downloaded from the Mac App Store, go to app store search HP Smart and click on update.If the issue persists,  please remove /Users/Username/Library/Containers/HP Smart/containers.plist and then launch HP Smart from the Applications folder and go through the setup again.

2.Try updating mac/ios and printer firmware

3.Install HP Smart from the APP store 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
Jay_G24
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,330 14,296 1,174 1,297
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @speterkane,

I'd like to help!

I understand the HP Smart crashes on your mac.

Try the below suggestions -

1. Uninstall HP Smart 

•  If installed from HP.com please delete from /Users/Username/Library/Application Support/HP Smart. Then delete HP Smart from the Applications folder and reinstall from the Mac App Store.
  • If downloaded from the Mac App Store, go to app store search HP Smart and click on update.If the issue persists,  please remove /Users/Username/Library/Containers/HP Smart/containers.plist and then launch HP Smart from the Applications folder and go through the setup again.

2.Try updating mac/ios and printer firmware

3.Install HP Smart from the APP store 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation