Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have two HP 9020 printers on my network. Both are connected to HPConnected, so I know the Web Services are correctly configured. The firmware on both are up-to-date as of this message.

I can print to either printer.

When I run the HP Smart Application on Windows, I can see both printers. When I try to set up Smart Tasks for either printer, the App requests that I log in. I enter my email address, and when I press "Next", I get the message "An Error Occurred. The connection timed out due to inactivity or the server is unable to respond." and "Error: Network connection issue".

In attempting to correct this issue, I found several KB articles which advised me to reset my EWS (which I did), an

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @richsidney,

I'd like to help!

The following requirements must be met before you can use Smart Tasks.

• Country/region requirements: Smart Tasks must be supported in your country/region. For more information, go to the HP Smart  website (formerly HP Connected), click the country/region and language menu, and then review the list of countries/regions. If your country/region displays, Smart Tasks is supported.

• Windows 10 requirements: HP Smart app version 3.5 or later and a printer connected to your wireless network that supports the HP Smart app.

NOTE: 

In HP Smart, click the top menu bar, and then click About to view the version number.

• Requirements for running a Smart Task from the printer control panel: An HP OfficeJet Pro 9010, 9012, 9015, 9018, 9019, 9020, 9025, or Premier All-in-One printer with firmware version 1905A or later. Web Services must be turned on.

NOTE: 

To update the firmware from the control panel, touch the Setup icon . Select Printer Maintenance, and then select Update the printer.

Refer to the document to create a task -HP Smart: Use Smart Tasks

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

The solution you presented did not answer my question.

I checked all of the conditions you mentioned, and the only difference is that the printers are connected to my network via wired ethernet.

None of these answers were directly pertinent to the issue I had, which is that the HP Smart application would not log in to create Smart Tasks.

HP Recommended

Please try and uninstall and reinstall the app.

let me know the results 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.