Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I recently reinstalled my macOS. I believe (but can't confirm) that I printed with this printer since then. This morning I tried to print and there wasn't any printer listed in my print screen. I attempted to reset-up the printer using the current version of HP Smart for Desktop (v13.2.1). The software started and quit without doing anything. I tried using HP Easy Start (v2.12.0) and it hung up trying to download the HP Smart software from the HP website. (That makes sense since it's not accessed from the App Store.) I trashed my copy of HP Smart and re-downloaded it from the App Store. It behaved the same way. I tried to connect my printer using a USB cable. It still isn't recognized. NEXT STEP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After posting this I went to Apple's site to see if there was anything to help there. It turns out that I needed to Reset my Printing System. After that, I was able to reconnect the printer flawlessly. I also just checked to see if HP Smart would run, and it does. PROBLEM RESOLVED.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

After posting this I went to Apple's site to see if there was anything to help there. It turns out that I needed to Reset my Printing System. After that, I was able to reconnect the printer flawlessly. I also just checked to see if HP Smart would run, and it does. PROBLEM RESOLVED.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.