cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Andrew0001
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Smart gives me a "Select a Different Printer" message whenever I try to add printer.

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Smart 125.1.36.0. I've done a factory reset on my printer and checked the network connection, which is fine. But when I try to add my printer via HP Smart, even though it can find the printer and it appears to be online, when I try to add it I get a message that says "Select a different printer. HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 series bust be turned on to add it to HP Smart." Obviously it is turned on.

When I try to add it through Settings>Devices>Printers and Scanners>Add a printer or scanner, I get a "Driver is unavailable" message.

I'm not using a VPN.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation