Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6500 E709a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Today - without any change to the system (no new software, no updates, etc.) the HP Solution Center stopped working.

When I open the Solution Center I get the following:

sc.png

I assume it has something to do with the fact that flash is no longer supported.

Is there any solution? Will there be an update to the drivers/software, or due to the age of the printers using the HP Solution Center there will be no update?

203 REPLIES 203
HP Recommended

I uninstalled and re-installed the HP Solution Center and got the same result.

HP Recommended

Following!

I even went to far as to uninstall all HP drivers, programs, etc. from my computer and reinstalled everything from the HP website in hopes that it had been updated, but nothing.  HP Update doesn't find any updates either.  I use the Solution Center for work on a regular basis, so this is not good!

HP Recommended

I have done the same uninstalled all HP for both my printers Office Jet Pro L7780 and H470 work for printing but no Solution Centre ??

HP Recommended

I was able to get the HP Scanning application to run from a program called "IrfanView" by selecting 

File | Acquire/Batch Scanning

under acquire method I selected

Single Image:...

the I hit the Select Twain Source button

I selected "My_Printer" and hit the Select button

then the OK button

and the HP Scanning software loaded and scanned my photograph.

I did not get a chance to select whether to make it a photo or document however. 

I was also able to run the Windows 10 Scan software and scan things as well.  This very

basic task that I took for granted for so long is turning into a real R&D project.

HP Recommended

In the search box on the Windows 10 taskbar try typing:

HP Scan

and run the "HP Scan and Capture" app to scan photos or documents.

HP Recommended

Did you use the basic version of the installer or all the plugin version

HP Recommended

I reinstalled the HP Solution Center from scratch using the Windows 10 compatible update to the installation file, which for my printer was : OJ_AIO_6500_E709_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe downloaded from HP over a year ago.

Sorry but I don't know about any plugin version.

HP Recommended

Same symptoms on a Photosmart C4750 that has been working flawlessly for many years.  Just happened today.

HP Recommended

Sorry, I missed the most important part, On the IrfanView, Basic installer or plugin version

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.