Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Photosmart C4380 wifi-wired 'ere! Help!!!!

I unistalled everything from HP 3 times, before i realized it was due to flash player being no longer supported.

So, what to do?? I need to use my HP Solution Center now.... help!!!!

I have installed the HP Scan and Capture, it works but it's slower than my still running desktop with XP installed and no internet connection.

HP, we need a real solution NOW! I will probably profit from this to finally change to Canon, but mean while i need my HP Solution Center up and running.

HP Recommended

Same here....I have been using a Photosmart C4680 for years and this happened to me as well.....Is HP going to have a fix??

HP Recommended

Please add my name to the list.  I just noticed the problem today.  I last used the scanner last week and HP Solution Center worked fine.  Today I get the same error, probably related to Flash.  I have the Photosmart 2610 all in one from 2003 which works fine so I shouldn't have to be forced to buy a new model.  I'm disappointed HP hasn't responded to this thread yet.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with my HP J4680.  I know its an older printer but it still works.  The only solution I've found is to use the fax/scan app.  I'd sure like to have the functionality of the Solution Center app back.

HP Recommended

If you're only trying to open the original HP scan software application that is part of Solution Centre, you can open the application hpiscnapp.exe in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\ as a workaround.

HP Solution Center is still unable to open on my computer (Windows 10) without the Flash software, but I am very happy that I can use the original scan software again.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the update and the tip for using the specific .exe for scanning.  However this only allows scanning of pictures, not documents.  I need to scan documents.  I tried the HP Print and Scan Doctor application.  I'm able to scan after running this app, but it doesn't fix the HP Solution Center app.  I have to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor app each time.  I am able to Scan using the buttons on front of the printer/copier/scanner/fax now but I can't adjust the page sizes.  Each page shows up as 8.5" x 14".  I like being able to resize to 8.5" x 11".

HP Recommended

Didn't work for me.

HP Recommended

Hi @Mdephillips

I have tried to scan documents with the original HP scan software that can be accessed by using the executable I mentioned. You can save a scan as pdf file as well, but you're limited to only one page unfortunately 😒‌‌. Maybe it is better to use the "HP Scan and Capture" software for scanning multipage documents as to pdf. This tool is available in the Microsoft Store and also offers you the opportunity to adjust the page size.

HP Recommended

I'll try it.  Thanks.

FYI here's a link explaining why this issue just started:

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

HP Recommended

Same issue as others - HP Solution Centre doesn't  load/work properly as of today. Uninstalled and reloaded Solution Centre with no positive outcome.

Then I followed suggestion from Babalouis =  

" In the search box on the Windows 10 taskbar try typing:

HP Scan

and run the "HP Scan and Capture" app to scan photos or documents"

This is a good emergency workaround but I can only scan one page per file - need to make multiple scan pages get into one file 

Hope someone finds a better solution otherwise it's time to buy a new printer - shameful waste of a good working machine!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.