Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have now the same problem with my C7280 printer and asked HP in Sweden about it, they told me to uninstall the complete program and reinstall it again from their site. But it is the same problem when this is done.
I am not good in handling with this, I wonder what has happend.

HP Recommended

@Tyrael87 wrote:

Trying to install an older version of Flash gives a different issue: it says that the version is not recent.

Hi Tyrael87,

Hmm... I think the only way an older version of Flash would know it's not the recent version is either because it's checking the web (perhaps disable your internet connection while installing it might work) or else it's relying on your system clock date to know it's old, maybe try setting your system clock back to later in the year that the version you're trying to install was released (I think you said 2009?) before installing it and see if that helps (then set it back to the correct date afterward).

Another idea would be to first use the Abobe Flash Uninstaller, then uninstall the printer software, restart your computer and then reinstall the printer software which should install with it an older version of Flash that comes with it.  Again, disable your internet connection when reinstalling the printer software and perhaps set your system clock back to a date late in the year of the release of the printer software (just during the re-installation, then you can set the system clock date correctly afterward).

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

I need also to send fax with my HP printer but HP Solution Center doesn't works. How is possible to do that?

HP Recommended

Sweetie-2, I have the exact same problem so thanks for posting. I posted this same complaint today, 1-20-21, and am eager to hear of a solution. I first noticed it yesterday. I hope I'll find a solution here.

JimL-3

HP Recommended

I'm with you, next printer likely won't be HP. I love my workhorse Officejet printer and it's a pity to trash it due to HPs failure to provide a software patch. The other workaround solutions didn't work for me.

However, I did find a user solution here that avoids all the other workarounds  ...  Change the date on your computer, to any day BEFORE 1/12/21 and then open HP printer app. Once the app is opened up, you can change the date back on the computer and the software will continue to run (even if printer is turned off). It's a needless hassle, but works for the time being.

HP Recommended

Sjamme,

Your work around WORKS! The only thing is I can get Solution Center to open after changing the date on my computer, but it reverts back when I re-set the time/date. In any way, I DID get the ability to access the HP scan function, so THANKS MUCH. I'll be looking for a non-HP unit next.

Take care.

Jim

HP Recommended

Greetings from frigid Minnesota. Years with the same printer and all was fine, except for a few hiccups. Now, this?

I have tried to download HP Scan and other running Windows 8.1. 

No luck. 

Reprehensible actions by HP. 

HP Recommended

I tried the HP Scan Extended, but it doesn't give me an option to save where I want it to, nor does it allow me to scan multiple pages. After the document scanned, it immediately disappeared and I don't know where it saved the document. I tried adding pages via the bottom-left button, but it opened a new document. I still don't know where the second document went to. The only destination it gives me to "choose" from is "Local or Network folder". I went to My Scans folder to see if it was there and it wasn't.

Any help would be appreciated. Or, if there's another way to get my scans completed that works, please let me know. Thanks.

HP Recommended

t

HP Recommended

how do you clear it so the printer will work

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.