Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Hp designjet 500
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

Hello, please please someone help! 

So i have a second hand HP DESIGNJET 500 printer, i have bought a brand new hp laptop. I have connected a usb from the printer to my computer, the computer installs the printer but states the driver is unavailable, i have tried downloading a driver from hp website, which goes into downloads and i can unzip the files ect. But still does not recognise it and when i click on the file downloaded it takes me to the app store!  I have tried adding the printer through ip address and when iWhat am i doing wrong here ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Andr-1611, 

Thank you for your reply! Would any of the other drivers work on windows 10? And do you have any suggestions on what to do? 

Thank you 

Robert 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Robert-pem ,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I am sorry, but your DesingJet is not supported under Win 10, Please read here HP Printers - Windows 10 Compatible Printers 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andreas

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks”!

German community:
created 11,631 posts + generated 1,114 solutions + received 1,654 kudos

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.
HP Recommended

Hello Andr-1611, 

Thank you for your reply! Would any of the other drivers work on windows 10? And do you have any suggestions on what to do? 

Thank you 

Robert 

HP Recommended

Hi Robert,

the best and only option is to use an older computer with Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.

Regards
Andreas

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your reply again, 

What if i was to uninstall windows 10 and revert back to win 8.1 ? Would this be compatible? Its just because ive just spent £1000 on two new computers. So thinking of any solution. 

Thank you 

Robert 

HP Recommended

Hello, just been reading another thread that you commented on,

But for Win10 the UPD driver is available.

Here: Install the HP Designjet Universal Print Driver (UPD) (Windows 10)  

Would this not work me, i seen you posted it about ho designjet

HP Recommended

No, see here: HP Designjet 500 Series Printers - Product Specifications 

And the next problem is your Windows 10 in S-Mode!

Take a look here HP DesignJet 500 Printer series

Regards
Andreas

HP Recommended

Thank you once again for your help! 

Can I just ask if i was to uninstall windows 10 and install windows 8.1 would this then work? 

And also what is this s mode and what issues

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.