Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-13-2019 11:42 AM
05-17-2019 04:57 PM
I have tried all the steps suggested by HP to clear the error message. I have verified that there are no pieces of paper stuck in the tray and feeder mechanism, and verified that the paper a nd output tray are properly seated. Any other suggestions?
05-18-2019 09:58 AM
Thank you for reaching out to the HP Support community!
Let's try these steps:
Step 1: Power Reset
- Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector.
- Turn the printer on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Remove all the papers.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. Wait at least 60 seconds
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Re-load the papers.
- Check if the error goes off.
- Try making a copy and check if it works.
- If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Check if the photo tray is seated correctly
- Refer to this document to check the photo tray
- If the issue persists, proceed to the next step
Step 3: As a last resort, we can try performing a full factory reset on the printer
Factory reset settings of a printer differ from one printer model to another.
I will send you a private message that would have the steps to reset your printer to the factory settings.
- Resetting the printer to the factory settings would erase all configurations like your Wireless settings, Fax settings, and other preferences.
- You have to re-do the set up again once you perform the factory reset.
- If your printer is enrolled in Instant ink, the cartridges may not work after the reset. Please do not perform reset if the printer is enrolled on Instant Ink.
Let me know if this information helps.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.
I am an HP Employee
05-18-2019 04:28 PM
I think we have exhausted all possible troubleshooting steps for this issue.
This could be a possible issue with the printer hardware.
Since your printer is under warranty, I would request you to contact our HP Support Team for Service/Replacement options.
Click on this Link to contact HP.
I am an HP Employee