Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Mac book pro
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I just bought my new 419 inktank printer a few months ago and it has suddenly stopped recieving commads from the MAC BOOK telling that it is disconnected but it is actually on and the network is not connected. I tried installing the software and setting the printer up again and clearing the printers thingy in system preferences. I don't know what to do, can someone help me with this issue....

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ODINROASR, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To be able to assist you better, I would like to know the following:

• Are the printer and PC connected to the same network?
  • Is your router dual-band enabled i.e., both 2.4GHz and 5GHz?
  • What is the distance between the router and the printer?
  • Is there any antivirus software installed on your computer?
  • Could you perform a ping test using the Mac Network Utility and let me know the results?

Use the printer IP address to perform a ping test, the printer IP can be located by selecting the wireless icon on the printer display.

The wireless status menu on your Mac should also give us quite a lot of information that would help us identify the issue. You can press and hold option-click the WiFi icon and then use shift-command-5 to take the screenshot. Press the space bar when the icon turns into a camera. Share the ping test results and the screenshot with us.

Also, check with your Internet service provider if your router is able to forward 'Bonjour packets'. 

Bonjour locates devices such as printers, other computers, and the services that those devices offer on a local network using multicast Domain Name System (mDNS) service records. The software comes built-in with Apple's macOS and iOS operating systems.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I replied to your message actually. It did not reach you i think but i really need help with my printer.

o be able to assist you better, I would like to know the following:

• Are the printer and PC connected to the same network? - Yes
  • Is your router dual-band enabled i.e., both 2.4GHz and 5GHz? - Yes
  • What is the distance between the router and the printer? About 1 meter
  • Is there any antivirus software installed on your computer? Yes, Airo antivirus but i deleted it.
  • Could you perform a ping test using the Mac Network Utility and let me know the results? No i can't as i removed all the printers saved in the Mac's network
HP Recommended

@ODINROASR

Please check with your Internet service provider if your router is able to forward 'Bonjour packets'. This is very crucial

Bonjour locates devices such as printers, other computers, and the services that those devices offer on a local network using multicast Domain Name System (mDNS) service records. The software comes built-in with Apple's macOS and iOS operating systems.

Also ensure your Mac and Printer have the latest updates

Printer Firmware: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Mac update: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT2015

Reset your printer's Network Settings back to default

- Press and hold the Wireless button and Cancel button for 5 seconds

Next download and run the HP Smart App for Mac to connect your printer

You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06188214

Keep me posted 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ummmmmm..

I tried doing that also, i pressed the buttons as you said and i tried to setuo the printer, it showed me the printer was there ans when i wanted to set it up. The message can't be configured shows up..(as shown in the image below)

Screenshot 2019-10-05 at 11.18.55 PM.png

HP Recommended

@ODINROASR

Let us try reconfiguring the wireless settings on the printer-

Connect the printer with WPS

Use WPS to connect the printer to your wireless network.

1. Locate the WPS button on your router, but do not press it yet.

If your router does not support WPS, skip to the next step to connect the printer with the HP Smart app.

2. Turn on the printer. If the printer is in sleep mode, press the Cancel button on the control panel.

3. On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button  for at least 3 seconds or until the wireless light starts to flash.

NOTE: 

HP Tango printers: Press and hold the Wireless and Power buttons on the back of the printer for 5 seconds. The Edge lighting flashes blue to indicate the printer is in WPS mode.

4. On the router, press and hold the WPS button for 3 to 5 seconds or until it shows that the WPS connection process has started.

NOTE: 

The printer stops searching for a WPS connection two minutes after the wireless button is pressed. If you were unable to press the WPS button within that timeframe, attempt these steps again.

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

You can also try using a temporary USB connection to configure wireless. Follow the steps below-

Temporarily connect the printer to the Mac with a USB cable, and then change the connection to wireless in HP Utility.

1. Connect a USB cable to the USB port on the rear of the printer  and to the computer.

2. Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.

3. Depending on your OS version, click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

4. Click the Plus sign, and then click Add Printer or Scanner.

Example of the Printers & Scanners window

5. Click the name of your printer with USB under Kind.

6. On the Use menu, select the name of your printer, and then click Add.

NOTE: 

AirPrint is the default driver. To access all printer features, including HP Utility, select the HP printer name.

7. Click the name of your printer, and then click Options & Supplies.

8. Click Utility, and then click Open Printer Utility.

Opening Printer Utility

9. In HP Utility, click Wireless Setup.

Wireless Setup in  HP Utility

10. Make sure your network displays on the Confirm Wireless Settings window, and then click Continue to complete the wireless configuration.

Confirm Wireless Settings window

11. If your network does not display on the Confirm Wireless Settings window, connect to the correct network.

1. Select No, I want to choose another network, and then click Continue.

A list of available wireless networks displays.

2. Select your wireless network from the list or type your network SSID in the Wireless Network Name field, and then type your network password in the Password field.

If you do not know your network password, go to Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password.

3. Click Continue.

12. After the network connection is configured, click Done, and then disconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer.

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

13. In the Printers & Scanners or Print & Scan window, click the name of your printer, click the Minus sign, and then delete the USB installed printer.

14. Click the Plus sign, and then click Add Printer or Scanner.

15. Click the name of your printer with the text Bonjour listed under Kind, click the Use or Print Using box, and then select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu.

16. Click Add to add the printer to the list.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.