cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP laserJet Pro 1102 w

HP Recommended
HP laserjet P 1102 w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After re-setting my Pc operating system to the original settings, I have not been able to get my printer working.  It worked fine before and it works on another PC I have.  I connect through USB port.  The problem is when I use the HP platform to download the driver, it downloads then goes to extracting the driver then dies.  After several different tries using other ways to download it from HP.  I was able eventually get it down and I thought installed and even to a test print which then indicated a printing error.  Every job sent to the printer has a message :  printing error.  So even though the printer is identified as the correct default printer in the Control Panel, I am not sure that the driver is correct.  When I go into device manager to update the driver it indicates that it has an incorrect digital signature although it was downloaded from HP.  Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
29,349 29,071 5,040 11,486
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

If the USB is connected, unplug it at this time, please.

Click Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners

If there is an instance of the printer select Remove Device.

Click Print server properties from the side panel, below Related settings.

Open the Drivers tab and be sure to remove any listed HP instance, select the 2nd option to remove both driver and its package.

Manually laucnh C:\LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution\HpSetup.exe

Follow the steps to install the printer, only connect the USB when being prompt to and complete the installation, then check for any difference.

Please let me know how it goes,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation