cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP printer incompatibility with Catalina

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600 Plus
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 all in one printer, that I am trying to use with MacOS 10.15.7.  There is a known incompatibility that was supposed to be fixed with new printer drivers.  I have been on the phone with Apple support, and we did everything they were told would fix the problem, but I still can't print.  We removed old drivers and re-installed the latest ones (Nov 24,  2020). The printer and the computer see each other.  I can scan, but whenever I try to print, the file transmits and then I get a message "Waiting for printer to become available".  Several links at various websites have been claimed to fix the problem, but the Apple folk advised me I should get advice from HP before downloading questionable software.    This issue is very annoying. If I have to go buy a new printer, it is not going to be from HP. 

2 REPLIES 2
Level 17
Level 17
30,370 30,086 5,190 12,035
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please uninstall any currently installed software by following the HP Uninstaller as described below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06960563

Once completing the uninstall, download and install the latest drivers below:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?locale=en_US

Finally, from System Preferences > Printers & Scanners press the plus sign and select your printer.

be sure to select the printer model from within the Use drop-down menu and check for any difference then.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Author
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks!  This worked!   The difference from what I tried earlier seems to be the download and use of the HP uninstaller. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation