Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I'm unable to finish the install on my new OfficeJet Pro 8028 due to HP Smart being broken. Is this issue resolved yet?

HP Recommended

Ended up using mobile app to finish set up.

HP Recommended

Why do I get this message. it has never happened until today. I can print but I can not scan.

HP Recommended

Any way to get around this. I have got to scan for work and can't get nowhere. I have uninstalled installed and nothing. I can print but can not open to scan.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a few times with the same result.  I wonder if the app got hacked somehow or if a Windows 10 update did something to make it nonfunctional.  I generally only use the app to scan.  Is there another way to be able to scan things?  I have a laser color jet pro MFP M180 nw printer attached to a Dell 7070.  

HP Recommended

I was able to scan from printer to a USB, then move the USB to the computer.  At least its a work around since HP is non-responsive!  Good luck!  

HP Recommended

HP's conduct is pretty outrageous.  They're going to be losing a lot of customers over this.  It was tedious enough setting up HP products, but this is the last straw for many.  

HP Recommended

HP Smart started working spontaneously again, just now.  I can't say I have much confidence in HP after this experience.  Lost time worth more far more than 10 new printers.

HP Recommended

I ended up scanning printer to USB, then USB to computer.  Its a work around since HP is ghosting us!  

HP Recommended

I'll reinstall it again and give it another try and will post back the result.  Fingers crossed.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.