cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
reeser2
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP software sees the HP Lasejet Pro MEP M283fdw but MAC IOS doesn't see it

HP Recommended
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

MAC IOS 11.6.  Printer Laserjet Pro MFP M283fdw.   HP Smart Software sees the printer but it shows "Offline".  System Preferences & Printer Scanners does not show any printer.  

Printer Wireless Network Test Report

Wireless on:  Pass

Wireless working:  Pass

Network Name (SSID) found:   Pass

Troubleshooting:  More than one access point/wireless router has been found that matches your wireless network name (SSID)...but I only have on router.

Network summary:

TCP/IP

Wireless : Ready

Wireless Network Configuration:

Status = Connected

Wireless=On

I had a laserjet printer that had a similar issue but it seemed to print on occasion. 

Bottom line - My wifi app shows the printer is connected to my Network but my IMAC can't see it.

1 REPLY 1
reeser2
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Disregard.  The issue had to do with the router setup.  When I got a new router a couple of weeks back I kept the network name and password when I installed the new router.  Because of the "troubleshooting" comment I decided to rename the new router to a different name and that cleared everything up.   I'm good to go now.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation