Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

TODAY when I wanted to Scan I got a note of new features etc. Who does not want that? Unfortunately, now I am stuck with a horrendous set of features which have stopped my work. The scanning of pictures with crop sometimes throws you back to the start other produces a scanned copy which is an abstract painting of the photo. Unrecognizable and simple wrong. 
This will probably be my last HP. They can never do anything right from the start. Contacting HP is useless.
TO THE COMMUNITY: How can  I get back to where my printer was YESTERDAY!!?? I don't want any HP new features ever again. I just want my peace of mind and they always raise my blood pressure.

I have deadlines and feel like suing HP if I could.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Leslie66, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Unfortunately, there is no option to downgrade the firmware. However, there is an option to reset the printer to its factory defaults.

What is the exact model of the printer you are using? There is no Officejet 6710.

How are you scanning? Which app do you use to scan?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.