Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4507
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I've started getting a constant message appearing about this (every 10 seconds), warning that the framework will damage my Mac computers (both personal and work computers). I've reinstalled the software/drivers and still the same. I have to put those files in trash to use my computer, then the printer doesn't work. Any advice?

263 REPLIES 263
HP Recommended

Started getting HDPM.framework will damage your computer message this morning.  Took HPDM and moved it to trash. Printer would not work. Message said filter was preventing print. Tried bringing back files from Trash to no avail, failed to restore from Time Machine. 

Attempting to bring in new driver from support.hp.com - install failed with HPDM.framework message again. . .

HP Recommended

Reloaded Driver, print now works but message about framework damaging keeps popping up

HP Recommended

Same problem here with same "damage your computer" message targeting Amazon Music app. Trashed HPDM Framework and AM apps. Then, what appeared to be Apple Software Update offered an HP Printer Driver update, which I allowed. Then I read on the Apple site that Apple Software Update no longer sends printer driver updates. (Uh, oh.) When I try to print, I get this error message: One or more components of the HP printing software are corrupted or missing. The print job cannot be completed. To fix this situation, HP recommends reinstalling the print driver software.

I have McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac running now to check for malware.

I enabled hpsmart email-address printing this week and now I'm wondering if that has opened a connection for someone to send malware. Trying to find how to turn that hpsmart feature off.

HP Recommended

Same issue on MacBook Air running 10.15.7, it may be a compatibility issue with the point upgrade just installed on the Mac. I have an HP OfficeJet 3830, but it uses the same Frameworks. You'd think Apple wouldn't roll out point upgrades without advising the major manufacturers of the implications. Especially with HP, which had the HP Easy Scan app down for months. I'm going to turn off automatic updates from Apple, and wait a month or so after each is released, so I don't keep running into these compatibility messes. Frustrating! Time to buy a Windows 10 pc as a backup, so I don't have issues printing ...

HP Recommended

I spent a while with Apple Support,  Something this morning (10/23/20) broke the HP printing drivers framework on Catalina OS 10.15.7. They have received many calls with different items related to HP informing it will damage your computer,  My printer does not print.  I have a Laserjet 4200 with all kinds of options  (envelop feeder, etc.)  It is a vicious circle - Apple says to call HP as they need to provide the drivers, I have not been able to speak to anyone at HP that can help.  

HP Recommended

For Apple users:

Solution from a user:

I've just got rid of it by:

1. Using Finder to go to "Library/LaunchAgents" and moving the most recently added and suspicious looking file to the bin.
  2. Did the same here "Library/LaunchDemons"
  3. And here "~Library/LaunchAgents"
  4. I also went to "Applications" and sorted by most recently added to see if anything suspicious has been added, and removed that.
  5. Then I restarted my Mac and it's fixed!

I deleted com.hp.devicemonitor.plist from ~Library/LaunchAgents and (knock on wood) the alert is gone!
HP Recommended

Having the same issue - OfficeJet Pro 8600 with MacBook Pro running MacOS Catalina 10.15.7.  Don't know what to do and can't get through to an HP rep for assistance.  Seriously confused why there's no live agent assistance for a potential HP Software security issue. Is nobody minding the store or does HP just not care about its customers?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Have you figured out a solution to "HPDM. framework" will damage your computer?

TG209

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.