Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-23-2023 01:30 AM - last edited on 09-23-2023 05:04 PM by RodrigoB
Hi, I'm working on a computer provided by my employer - Thinkpad/Lenovo
I bought a printer HP deskjet 4100 series.
I succeed to print when I was to my partner's house but now that I'm at home I cant...
Error message "Driver is unavailable"
Can you help me?
Many thanks in advance
09-28-2023 12:59 PM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting driver error, I am glad to assist you.
You will have to uninstall and reinstall the driver to fix the issue.
Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community