Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
M234dwe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The virtual assistant is useless. How can I actually contact Customer Support? I tried the website which requires me to identify the printer. I tried to identify the printer manually but it won't accept my serial number/model number combination. I tried automatic detection software which cannot find the printer even though I am connected by USB and can print just fine.

So it requires me to identify the printer, but then refuses my input for identifying the printer, and is too incompetent to identify the printer itself. Convenient little catch-22.

So I Google the phone number and try that, but it requires a ticket number from the website. Of course the whole reason why I'm trying this in the first place is that I can't get a ticket number from the website. Double catch-22.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @ActionableMango

I'd like to help!

Could you brief me on the printer issue?

To reach the phone support team, follow the instructions below :

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6)Fill the web-form and proceed further.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

The problems are too long to list. Here is a tiny sample. Cannot identify printer. Printer always offline. Cannot scan using any method. Software cannot see printer. Cannot print using any method except USB. Every time I want to use it, it is a hour+ routine of trying to uninstall, reinstall, redectect. The software states that printer will not work without update. Update does not work. The virtual assistant is a useless assistant.

As I already stated in my first post, I cannot reach support using the process you provided because HP's process to identify the printer is also broken. I am unable to identify my printer because the website rejects my serial number and product number. The alternative method of using software to identify the printer also does not work because it cannot find the printer. And without identifying the printer, I cannot proceed to get a ticket. Without a ticket the telephone support won't let me through to someone.

I need telephone support immediately. I am in middle of trying to sell and buy a house. I cannot do without a printer for the days at a time it takes for forum responses.

Just give me a number to call for crying out loud. If I need a ticket number for that, then give me ticket number.

HP Recommended

May I know where are you located, which country?

Let me know!

HP Recommended

United States

HP Recommended

I have shared the information in a private message.

Hope this helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.