Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
8020e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I forgot the admin password to the EWS and now even the options to reset the network settings or even do a factory reset are either a) password protected in the EWS itself (screenshot attached), or b) greyed out on my printer's touchscreen.

I've tried the "unplug" trick with no success.

The only solution I've found online is to hold the wireless and cancel buttons down but this model has a touch screen and it is not possible.

If there is a solution to only reset some settings, I would prefer that.

However, at this point, if I must do a factory reset I will... I just don't know how.

BTW, if this information is on the HP support website I will eat my socks... I have searched absolutely everywhere and I can't find it in the manual, the knowledge base... and I've also done some searching on these forums (admittedly not as exhaustive as the aforementioned places, but I digress.)

I've literally spent hours looking, and my mind is absolutely incapable of processing how a problem that must be *this* common is not on this website.

All of the solutions to reset the printer are blocked when they are password protected and I assume most people just give up and buy a new printer because there does not seem to be any way to do this -- I'll be amazed if anyone can find an answer to this -- while also being incredibly grateful and happy!

So thanks in advance to whichever black magic cyber wizard who can figure this out, because I am exhausted lol

hp.jpg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.