Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought an HP Envy Photo 7855 printer from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074P4T1FT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1), which is supposed to come with 3 months of free Instant Ink (an offer from HP, not Amazon). There's no claim codes or anything in the box; it just says to go through the setup steps and the extended trial will appear. It does not. I'm logged into my account through HP Smart. I've tried to go through setup again, but it won't find my printer (although it shows it at the top of the window). If I click Instant Ink in the window, I'm only offered a 1 month trial. How do I get the full 3 months that I'm supposed to get?

Now, the setup process was complicated and didn't work as expected. It wouldn't connect to sign in to an account during setup, and it wouldn't connect to Instant Ink either. So I had no choice but to skip that. Then, it wouldn't install the printer, so I had to manually download the driver and install it that way. It works now, but since the app didn't work right and I was forced to go the manual route, maybe I missed some place where the offer was supposed to appear. (FYI, the printer and router were both successfully connected to the same network). Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@JustMe0001, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, but I got it to work already. Ultimately, I had to uninstall the printer, drivers and HP Smart app and do a system restore to an earlier date. Then, I went through the installation process from scratch. This time, HP Smart was able to connect to Instant Ink and it offered the 3 months during installation like it was supposed to. I guess there was a server or network error the first time. I still had to manually download and install the drivers and add a printer, since the HP Smart app would never locate the printer (just "Direct..." which it specifically said not to choose), but it seems to be working now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.