Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ALL IN ONE 24 EOXX
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have HP support assistant yellow explanation mark for unread message. The mailbox message is for the printer account. i have read all of the messages but 1, which i cannot read or click on at all. It is just faded text in the background. i have done all the updates no difference it made.

I have uninstalled

HP ASSISTANT 

HP ASSISTANT FRAMEWORK

I have reinstalled it and reboot checked all the messages and updates. Still the one message is still there on the printer side mail box. Please Help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Nads786
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

If you see an exclamation mark on the HP Support Assistant icon in the taskbar, it means there are updates or messages that need your attention. To download and install these updates and read these messages, use the following steps.

• NOTE: Not all updates are necessary; some are simply recommended. You do not have to download and install all updates, however, if you do not, the exclamation mark will continue to show on the HP Support Assistant icon.
  1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .

NOTE: 

The image you see might vary slightly depending on your model.

2. Click My devices to see My PC. In this box, there are two options, Updates and Messages, both of which could require attention. You know attention is required if you see an exclamation mark.

Figure : My PC

My PC with Updates and Messages highlighted
  3. Click Updates if it has an exclamation mark next to it. If there is no exclamation mark next to Updates, 

4. From the Updates available section, check the boxes for all the updates, then click Download and install.

Figure: Updates available

Downloading and installing available updates
  5. Follow any on-screen instructions.

6. Click Messages if it has an exclamation mark next to it.

7. In the Messages are available screen, click into the messages to read them. When you are finished, click the  to the right of each message to delete it.

Figure : Messages are available

Deleting available messages
  8. Restart your computer.

The exclamation mark should be gone.

• Regarding printer, are you able to print? what is the exact issue with the printer?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Nads786_0-1586884971810.png

Thanks for your reply. 

Please see the pic above what i see on my screen. i dont have any issues at all with the printer or pc.

I just want to get rid of the explanation mark. Everything is upto date. As you can see on the pic you cannot select the message.

Please let me know if we can sort this out. 

HP Recommended

@Nads786

Thank you for posting back. 

The picture explains more than words, nothing to worry about its normal to see that yellow exclamation mark it will be taken care in future updates.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.