Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Needed for HP 2035N printer.

HP Recommended

all they want to do is make you buy a new printer when there is absolutely nothing wrong with this version Deskjet 2514 (2510 series ) just got off the phone with tech support and their excuse is the firmware is obsolete to continue using on the newest version of macOS 12 they stopped writing drivers after osX came out

anyone who reads this... sorry your screwed ! go buy a new one... $109 at best buy

HP Recommended

HP is really incredible, I have ask help and support from them on last week, until today no one reply to me even very simple reply rather than nothing, I really feel upset on that global brand. I'll not support their own product anymore in the future. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much - I have to tell you I am petrfied to down load any thing - as the potential for scammers is super high.  Can anyone comment- did this work for them?

HP Recommended

All

I downloaded the file from Iitkbum and can report, printing now successfully restored.

I greatly appreciate the help and support on this forum.  I will be very suspicious/reluctant about doing the next Mac OS up-grade if it creates these printing issues.

Will also write to HP to add my comments about the unacceptably slow response from HP to sort out the printer driver issue.

Robert 

HP Recommended

"

To help those who have this issue - I have updated the package that worked for me on Mac OS 12.0.1 Monterey and put on this link which is valid till Nov 25th, 2021 - https://sendgb.com/mkA26DolzSr

"

Please post this again as that link has expired. Thanks.

HP Recommended

in reply to those trying to use the out of date link or asking how to use the terminal code

You are better changing the package yourself as indicated in the initial instructions on MacRumors. This way you will know that only the very small change needed is being made. Otherwise there is a risk that someone will add malicious code in a future link!

HP really need to sort this out. There technical support guys rang after some delay and have no solution which now almost a month overdue. 

Instructions from MacRumors and theapplecynic - with thanks
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/monterrey-and-hp-printers.2319676/post-30525559

curl -o ~/Downloads/hpdrivers.dmg https://updates.cdn-apple.com/2020/macos/001-41745-20201210-DBC9B46B-88B2-4032-87D9-449AF1D20804/Hew...

hdiutil attach ~/Downloads/hpdrivers.dmg

pkgutil --expand /Volumes/HP_PrinterSupportManual/HewlettPackardPrinterDrivers.pkg ~/Downloads/hp-expand

hdiutil eject /Volumes/HP_PrinterSupportManual

sed -i '' 's/12.0/13.0/' ~/Downloads/hp-expand/Distribution

pkgutil --flatten ~/Downloads/hp-expand ~/Downloads/HP_Drivers_12.pkg

rm -R ~/Downloads/hp-expand

I would add do open and try to run the HP original installer first to get the certificate accepted then close it. The installer image should be your downloads folder for the above to work. 

HP Recommended

Take this directly to technical support at HP. Your commercial use case is exactly why they should be pushing a new installer out as soon as possible. You may find going via twitter instant messaging easier than fighting with the infuriating AI help system!!

HP Recommended

I am unable to install the driver for my HP Laserjet  Pro M1136 MFP and my Mac OS is 12.0.1. Any solution?

HP Recommended

Thank you.

The script worked for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.