Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp officejet pro 9023 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I want to install hp smart app on my laptop to connect it to my printer but the app is not installing. After trying all the troubleshooting methods I found out that the only solution is to factory reset my computer to fix the store (which I rarely use). So I figured out that reaching out to community help to sideload the app would be a better choice instead of resetting my laptop. As an old Hp user, I remember back in the old days when all HP printer software used to be downloaded from HP's website instead of the store. Thanks for your help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@blurrystar 

====================================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Be Aware:

Do not respond to individuals who include phone numbers or email addresses in public posts.

Do not respond to individuals who ask you to provide private information in a public Post.

These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

====================================================================

The HP Smart application is (only) available from the Microsoft Store.

The Full Feature Software (full driver) is available directly from HP.

Different animals, though each does provide access to features available in the printer.

Method - Use the Easy Start Wrapper to Install the Full Feature / Full Driver Software

For printers that support the option,

Use the Easy Start wrapper to install and configure the printer software.

• Home Page - HP Easy Start 
  • Open Category Software and Drivers 
  • Topic: Software-Utility 
  • Download-and-Save  the current version of the Easy Start wrapper to install your print software 
  • If using USB:  Disconnect the USB cable between the printer and computer before installing the software.
  • Right-Click on the downloaded package and "Run as Administrator" to start the installation
  • Select to install the “Full Driver” / “Full Feature Software”
  • If using USB:  Connect the cable when instructed to do so (near the end of the installation process).
  • After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in.

Notes >> Easy Start... The Journey

1. About 2/3 of the way through the setup, you will be given the opportunity to select the software - select the "Full Driver" set (as opposed to the basic driver or other application).

1. You can skip / ignore suggestion(s) that you add the HP Account – you’ll need the account at some point, for now, you can skip this suggestion (as many times as it insists it’s a good idea) during the full driver software installation.

1. If you see it, you can skip / ignore suggestion(s) regarding Instant Ink subscription.  Instant Ink subscription is NOT mandatory.

1. Full driver provides print and scan functions supported by your printer.

========================================================================

If you have exhausted the remedies offered from Microsoft to repair Store access, then yes, it is likely necessary that you reload Windows.  If you remain unconvinced that the issue is within the computer's own File System, consider taking your computer to the home / office of a friend:  Connect to the network at that location and try the installation.

References / Resources

Microsoft Store

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Not related to the task at hand - worth a look...

If you have not done so, consider updating the printer Firmware.

HP OfficeJet 9010/OfficeJet Pro 9020 All-in-One Printer series firmware update 

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 9023 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.