Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 2600 all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Tried to run HP smart app on my windows 10 desktop today but says it needs upgrade. after clicking link to microsoft store the upgrade wont download and is just hanging, am able to download other apps from MS store so that's not the problem. Have read that others are having same problem, really infuriating as app wont work unless i upgrade

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your Windows version? this might be crucial for such a problem:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/which-version-of-windows-operating-system-am-i-running-6...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

windows 10  home edition 64 bit

HP Recommended

@simonapsey 

What is the version / build of your Windows 10 OS?

Example

Settings > System > About

Under Windows Specifications

What is the "OS Build"??

Example

Edition                  Windows 10 Pro

Version                 20H2

Installed on         11/7/2020

OS build                19042.868

==============================================

HP Smart requires

• OS Minimum:  Windows 10 version 17134.0 (1803) or higher, Windows 8.1

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.