Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-28-2021 05:15 AM
I am getting an error message when trying to connect my HP 4500 Envy - I have tried to re-download the drivers and it still doesn't work. I am on a MacBook Air - using Big Sur 11.2.1 operating system.
Is this printer suddenly incompatible with my laptop? It has always worked perfectly - what's going on?
03-03-2021 05:36 AM
I'd like to help!
Try updating mac and printer firmware
To update the printer's firmware, refer - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
To update Mac, try these steps - How to update the software on your Mac
Uninstall HP Easy Start
- Click on Spotlight icon and type HP Uninstaller or by opening HP Easy Start.
- Click on Continue to uninstall the software.
- When prompted for a password, type in your system password
- You can also uninstall by opening HP Easy Start.
Download HP Easy Start and install the printer.
- Download HP Easy Start and follow the on-screen to complete the installation.
You can also install the HP Smart App from App store.
You may also add the AirPrint printer to the Mac printer queue
Add the Air Print printer to the Mac printer queue
Confirm you are using Air Print by adding the printer in System Preferences.
- Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, and then do one of the following steps.
- If your printer is listed, remove and re-add the printer to confirm it is set up for Air Print. Click the printer name, click the minus sign "-" to delete the printer, click the plus sign "+"click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name and then continue to the next step.
- If your printer is not listed, click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, and then continue to the next step.
- Confirm Air Print or Secure Air Print displays in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.
- Open a document or photo, click File, and then click Print.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
And, Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping
03-03-2021 07:05 AM - edited 03-03-2021 07:07 AM
Sadly there isn't an update listed for iOS 11.2.2 - the most recent is iOS 11.0. Using this, it works for the printer but when you try to open the scanner you get this message. Googling it gives some stuff about drivers being invalidated by HP - possibly in error, possibly not.
(screenshot doesn't seem to show - there's an error message of "You can't open the application "HP Scanner 3" because it may be damaged or incomplete"
03-03-2021 12:30 PM
Please follow below version of HP Easy Start, as soon as it launches open the top HP Easy Start menu and select Uninstall HP Software.
Follow the steps on screen and then click on Set Up New Device and follow the steps to reinstall the printer:
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂