Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Smart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't open HP Smart to scan with my HP OfficeJet Pro 6968.  It has been working fine until today.  I can't get past the message "Do you want to make HP Smart better by sharing user data?"  I saw an earlier post that is having the same problem with a Laser Printer.  Regardless of whether I select "Yes" or "No" I cannot get past this screen.  I assume that the problem is with the HP Smart APP.   I attempted to reinstall the HP Smart App but this didn't solve the problem.  

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Yes I have the same issue. I cannot believe that there is no phone number for support and no way around this. I am extremely ticked at HP right now. 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, just started today 2/22/21

I'm still under warranty for my OfficeJet Pro 8025, but I'm told that their service "isn't working", try again later.

Is HP in Texas or affected by weather?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem only difference is HP Smart was working at 1:30 AM EST this morning.  I was scanning documents into my computer to forward this afternoon.  Tried to log into HP Smart this afternoon and started having the problem.

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue.  Maybe older printers . . . that "they" want us to purchase new one???

HP Recommended

It sounds like it's because the HP smart app used Adobe Flash, which was discontinued in December or January.

After looking at this article:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/HP-Solution-Center-not-working-Adobe-Flash-Pla...

I'm going to uninstall the HP smart app and try the HP scan extended.

This is really shameful. Everyone knew for months about Flash being discontinued.

Shame on HP. I've lost a half day of work.

HP Recommended

6:15 PST, scanner back to normal.

I have no idea what was going on, but HP was unavailable all day.

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.