Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3755
Chrome OS

My deskjet 3755 will not connect to my android phone or my Acer cromebook. Wifi light blinks as well as the paper light flashes. This is the first time using this printer. My wifi says it cannot find printer. I have even plugged the printer into my computer and it doesn't recognize the printer. Is the light showing a paper problem be the issue? I'm ready to go back to a Brother printer soon.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Br549Brovo,

I'd like to help!

I understand you are unable to connect the printer to your android and your Chromebook.

Please try the steps below to connect your printer to the network.-

● Press the Wireless button ((i)) and the Cancel button (X) from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds.

--->On the printer control panel, press the Wi-Fi Direct button.

---> When Wi-Fi Direct is turned on, the Wi-Fi Direct light is on steady. 

--->To find the Wi-Fi Direct name and password, press the Information button (i) for 3 secs to print a printer information page.

--->On your computer or phone go to wifi and connect it to your printer 

--->Select your printer with DIRECT in the name from the list of available networks (example: DIRECT-74-HP 3700)

Or 3600

--->Select the Wi-Fi Direct printer signal in Wi-Fi settings 

--->If prompted for a password, type 12345678. This is the default password.

--->Now open a browser and type 192.168.223.1

--->you will be able to access the printer's EWS page 

--->on the page, you will find network - click on it 

--->go to wireless and select wireless setup wizard

--->now select the network that you want your printer to connect to and type in the password 

--->the wireless blue light will stop blinking once the printer is connected 

--->then connect your phone back to your network

--->install HP Smart from the play store and add the printer.

To know, How to add a printer to hp smart-HP printer setup (HP Smart app)

You may also refer to - No Connection after Router or Wi-Fi Settings Change

To set up the printer on Chromebook, refer to -HP printer setup (HP Print for Chrome)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Sorry I tried to do as directed but the first step would not work. I pushed both the wifi and the cancel buttons at same time for 3 seconds and it just stayed the same also the orange light on the paper icon is still flashing. This printer has never worked since I bought it,  it has never had a single piece of paper through it. Very Very frustrating to say the least. 

HP Recommended

This condition occurs when there is no paper in the input tray. Load the printer with plain white paper.

Figure : The Error icon, the Paper Error icon, and the Resume light are on

Load paper error

1. Raise the input tray and the input tray extender.

Raising the input tray and the input tray extender

2. Pull the input tray shield back and hold it, slide the paper width guide all the way to the left, and then release the input tray shield.

Sliding the paper width guide left

3. Load up to 60 sheets of plain white paper into the input tray, and then slide the stack of paper down until it stops.

Loading plain white paper

4. Pull the input tray shield back and hold it, slide the paper width guide to the right until it stops at the edge of the paper, and then release the input tray shield.

Sliding the paper width guide right

5. Pull out the output tray and the output tray extender, and then lift the paper catch.

Pulling out the output tray and extender and lifting the paper catch

NOTE: 

After loading paper, make sure to select the correct paper size and paper type settings when printing or copying.

Also, refer to Blinking Lights

Keep me posted with the results.

HP Recommended

Confirmed that you do have a Cloud Ready printer, open your Chrome browser and continue with the steps below.

• Turn on your printer if it is not already running.
  • Navigate the browser to google.com/cloudprint.
  • Once the page loads, click on the Add Cloud Ready Printer button.
  • The list of Cloud Ready Printers should now be displayed, categorized by the vendor. Click the name of your printer manufacturer (i.e., HP) in the left menu bar.
  • The list of supported models should now be listed on the right side of the page. Before proceeding, look to make sure that your particular model is showing. If not, then you may have to follow the classic printer instructions below.
  • Each manufacturer provides a different set of instructions specific to their printer. Click on the appropriate link in the middle of the page and follow the appropriate steps.
  • After you have followed the instructions provided by your printer vendor, return to google.com/cloudprint.
  • Click on the Printer link, located in the left menu pane.
  • You should now see your new printer on the list. Click on the Details button to view in-depth information about the device.

You can also read the further Deskjet 3755 manual, read the getting started guide file, and use the printer, cheers 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.