Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HP Envy Inspire 7955e

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Classicnyker 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

This printer does not support your supported Operating System / version.

Product Specifications for the HP ENVY Inspire 7955e All-in-One Printer (1W2Y8A)

Section  System requirements

Compatible Network Operating Systems
Windows 11, Windows 10 (32-bit and 64 bit), Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit and 64 bit), macOS High Sierra v10.13 (or later); Chrome OS (post initial setup)
Operating system (supported note)
Windows 8 and 8.1 not supported

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more

Open

HP ENVY Inspire 7955e All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community:

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

You may be able to get print only working if you use the HP Smart UPD driver. Try the Windows 7 version. I have not tried but is likely your only possible option. https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/supd/33835514/model/33835514

For scanning, if you are connecting to network you could try the Universal MFP twain driver: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/HPScanTwain/HPScanTwain-1.0.683-HPScanTwain.msi

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.