Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 4650 series
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I can print to this printer from my iPhone but not from my MacBook Pro. Since I had problems printing from my Macbook Pro I deleted the driver and downloaded 3 or 4 new drivers and none of them have worked. I just need the correct driver for this printer for my Mac. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,
Follow HP Easy Start below to download the latest HP Essential Software and HP Easy Scan for your printer:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip

Additionally, ensure your drivers are up to date by clicking the Apple icon, select About this Mac and then press Software Update.
If any updates are available click Update Now to make sure the latest OS updates are installed, this is crucial for HP Easy Scan to work as expected.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks for this!  I have the driver installed. and can print using a USB cable.  I can also print wirelessly from my iPhone XS MAX But cannot print wirelessly from my Macbook Pro.  Any other ideas?  Thank

HP Recommended

What happens when you try to print wirelessly, or when trying to add the printer through the wireless network?

Please clarify what exact behavior occurs, and how you may see the printer when adding a printer, even including a screenshot of the Add Printer dialog of the Mac can help a lot to get some better understanding.

Also, print and evaluate a Wireless Test Report - can you see any error or alert in the header? also, make sure the Mac is connected to the same SSID as listed by the report.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Here's the Wireless Network Test Report.

HP OfficeJet 4650 Network configuration page-1.jpg

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information.

Be sure to print the Wireless Network Test report, you included a Network Configuration Report which provides different information that required.

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.