Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281cdw
macOS 10.15 Catalina

The printer was working fine and then yesterday all the HP files started showing up as Malware so I decided to reinstall the drivers and I was directed to install HP Smart which I installed from the Apple ap store.  Since then I can't print from my Mac.  When I print the document gets caught up in the cue and is stopped.  I clear the cue and the same thing happens.

I have run the HP Smart ap diagnose and fix feature and it returns results. living a print queue issue, a print jobs issue and a printer offline issue as all not being fixed.

The online troubleshooting is of no help and I can't download drivers.

Has anyone else seen this?

I have also observed that I can not print from my Wife's Mac but I can print with no problem from my iOS devices.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was able to fix the problem.  What I did was I performed a find of all HP files and deleted them , and went to preferences to delete the printer and scanner.  I then went to the Apple App Store and downloaded, installed and ran the HP Smart app.  It installed all the current drivers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The solution is to download (and install) this package which will update drivers AND THE CERTIFICATE:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-printer-essen...

Easy Admin did nothing. Easy Startup did nothing. 5.1 drivers did nothing. This worked for me!

If this solved your issue, please thumbs up and mark as solved!

HP Recommended

I was able to fix the problem.  What I did was I performed a find of all HP files and deleted them , and went to preferences to delete the printer and scanner.  I then went to the Apple App Store and downloaded, installed and ran the HP Smart app.  It installed all the current drivers.

HP Recommended

My HP Envy Series 7855 went offline on my MAC and I couldn't figure out how to get it online.  The download did not resolve the problem but did reassure me that my printer software was up to date to eliminate that as a factor.  What I found ultimately was that "somehow" my Wi-Fi preferred network was changed to "xfinitywifi" and enabled hotspots and options I don't use,  not my personal network -- did an Xfinity software  update change it?  Don't know.  But I recommend opening NETWORK from FINDER and look for the scan of available networks.  Make sure your network is selected as the default.  Could it be that simple???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.