Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2050
macOS 10.15 Catalina

My printer was working just fine yesterday, I've never had issues with it, but now since the update it's saying that "One or more components of HP printing software are missing or corrupted .The print job cannot be completed. To fix this situation, HP recommends reinstalling the print driver software". I checked the HP support website and it hasn't been helpful, does anyone  have a solution? I'm working from home and I have some important documents to print, this is very inconvenient. Is anyone else experiencing this?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Crystalclear1, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

There is no printer driver available for this model printer on the HP Support site to work on a macOS 10.15. It is not Airprint compatible too.

Let us install the printer using Apple Software Update:

1. If your printer is connected to your Mac with a cable, disconnect the cable from your Mac. 

2. Turn off your printer. 

3. Get software updates for your Mac. Your Mac automatically downloads the latest software for most printers as part of these updates 

4. Reconnect your printer to your Mac, if applicable. 

5. Turn on your printer and wait for it to finish starting up. 

6. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners. 

7. Select your printer in the list of devices. 

8. If your printer doesn't appear in the list of devices in Printers & Scanners preferences, click  +  at the bottom of the list, then choose the command to add a printer or scanner. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

that did not help at all

HP Recommended

@DebraGroninga, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Are you facing the same issue?

What model printer are you using?

Are you using macOS 10.15?

How is the printer connected to the mac?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried to make the connection using HP Smart software. It didn't work. Surprisingly, the software doesn't recognise the printer's connection to the Mac via the USB cable (a connection that does exist).

HP Recommended

Now, another incident : Capture d’écran 2021-01-15 à 14.23.02.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.