Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer

This is not a question, but sharing my experience.

While the official HP position is that LaserJet P1102W is not supported on Windows 11, I have installed and re-installed it and it works very well.

There are many wrong ways to do it, that work only partially. Some users might be satisfied with that; I was not.

For example, one can download the drivers from the HP website and use Windows built-in printer install. This creates a weird port, and may get the printer working but won't recognize that it can print double-sided. In other words, it doesn't know how to interrogate the printer.

Then one might think that, surely, HP's Smart Printer Install should do the job well since it is their printer. Yes, but Windows 11 is not their OS! It seems to use the same install process as is built into Windows, and furthermore gives the printer a strange name consisting of letters and numbers, followed by the correct name in parentheses. It, too, doesn't recognize that the device can print double-sided.

But, using the most old-fashioned way possible, I have succeeded every time. First, uninstall any previous installations so you start with a clean slate. Connect the wireless printer to the Windows PC with a USB cable. Go to the folder downloaded from the HP website containing the driver files for this printer. Double-click HPSetup.exe. Answer the questions that you want to use the printer on WiFi. If it was installed in the past, you can select the option that asks if the printer (its IP address) is recognized by the WiFi network. That's it. It will be recognized with all its capabilities, and it will work properly with a prompt window that pops up for manual duplexing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.