cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Zeynep-S
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

LaserJet Pro MFP M125nw fails to install

HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro MFP M125nw
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have a LaserJet Pro MFP M125nw. Everytime I try to install the product using the CD it came with, it says it's starting the software installer and after a minute or two says, "The prior product installation failed to complete. The partially installed files must be uninstalled before you rerun the product installation." Then it automatically uninstalls the files and prompts me to reboot my PC. After 5 tries I resorted to downloading the driver from HP's webpage but for some reason it seems the driver for this product doesn't exist on the drivers page. I even tried searching its drivers for other operating systems (Mine is windows 8.1), but to no avail. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,490 31,201 5,381 12,537
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The drivers are avaialble at HP.com.

Download and install the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M125/126 Series Full Software and Drivers below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-LaserJet-Pro-100-Multifunction-Printer-series/539...

If you experience any issues at youir end, directy doiwnload the driverd from the link below:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL51556/Im-124819-5/LJPro_MFP_M125-126_full_solution_15188...

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
vikkywhyte
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello Zeynep-S,

I'm having same issues with my Laserjet PRO MFP M127-M128 fn. Were you able to resolve the issue? If yes,how did you do it?.

Thanks
0 Kudos
naser12345678
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

same problem. any update?

0 Kudos
Cheron-Z
Retired
Retired
4,444 4,348 250 490
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@naser12345678

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about Community posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation