cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
EN22
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Looking for the latest HP Software for my perfectly good old HP 5610 OfficeJet AIO Printer for Win10

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer stopped working after a recent Win 10 Update. I uninstalled the HP Software and tried to  reinstall the full AIO version from 2021 but it gets a fatal error. I looked on the website and it directs me to use Windows to install the printer and that was a waste of time.

Is there a newer version of the Full AIO HP Software I can download and apply to resolve my problem?

Thanks, Ed

4 REPLIES 4
ferRX
Level 9
Level 9
1,768 1,140 207 886
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @EN22 ,

1. Try with the next HP Officejet Driver Removal Utility

>> https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL31044/mp-110081-1/OJ_AIO_P8500_A909_140_408_Scrubber.ex...

2. Run the Scrubber.exe file and then look for the uninstall.bat file.

3. To complete the removal of HP Software run the uninstall.bat file 3 times.

4. Then restart computer, and try again to install with the version 2021.

* Click on YES button  to say thanks, 

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards,

ferRX.

dodecaedron

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
EN22
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, FerRX, Thank you for responding to my question. I followed your instructions, downloaded the scrubber, ran the uninstall.bat 3 times then tried reinstalling the AIO Software that used to work on Windows 10 but the same thing happens - Fatal Error during installation.

If you have something else that you think I should try, please let me know.  In addition to printing and copying, I rely heavily on the Fax and Scan function which is severely limited without the complete software package.

Again, thanks for trying to help me.

1 person found this reply helpful
ferRX
Level 9
Level 9
1,768 1,140 207 886
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @EN22 

Ok, so then try the next driver download:

And start again with that software.

* Click on YES button  to say thanks, 

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards, 

ferRX.

dodecaedron

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.
EN22
Author
3 2 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ferRX, downloaded the driver file you sent, re-ran the uninstall.bat 3X and then ran the new HP Software driver install - and the installation just runs and runs at the "Installing Software" phase. Cancelled it after 12 hours.

Again, thanks for trying to help.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation