Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color Laser MFP 178nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After login into EWS no changes are accepted. Do you have any idea?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Are you able to successfully login and authenticate to the EWS page or may fail to login and therefore cannot change any setting?

Please try logging in using admin as the user among the PIN Code as the password and check if that may make any difference:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/HP-Laser-Printers-locate-EWS-Administrator-Pas...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I am using user: admin, Password: blank.

If I try to change the password or perform any other changes they will not be accepted

But I am already logged on

Herwig_0-1615743714495.png

login with PIN Code does not work.

Herwig_1-1615743869118.png

is there a possibilty to reset the printer to factory default?

Herwig

HP Recommended

any idea how I can solve the issue?

Herwig

HP Recommended

Hi @Herwig,

I suggest trying from another browser first, to ensure there is no local issue causing this, use admin (all lowercase) with an empty password, also try the WPS PIN and check for any difference.

If there is no difference, click the Menu (3 dots) button and navigate to Network Settings, then press OK.

Locate Clear Settings and press OK, then confirm by selecting Yes.

Now go to Setup > Network > Wireless Settings > Wizard and follow the steps to connect the printer back to your network (note: use the keypad as used in SMS to enter the password, be aware that each key press will change among capitals, lower-case and numbers with multiple key presses, so ensure you see the required character before typing the next one).

Now check for any difference.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I switched over from Chrome to MS Edge and it does work. 😀

I reinstalled Chrome and problems mentioned before reoccured.

No idea what may be the reason. Do you have?

Herwig

HP Recommended

This is something related to Google Chrome itself.

Generally, resetting the browser worth a try:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en

Also making sure the  latest updates are installed would be a good idea.

Other than that, I don't have much ideas to test for such a problem, I did thought about an extension conflict for example, but not really familiar with troubleshooting any such, I suggest checking the the Google Chrome's support community from Google:

https://support.google.com/chrome/community?hl=en

Hope that helps,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hi,

reset of chrome did not work. I will contact google's Support and check what they say.

thx for your help.

Herwig

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.