Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color Laser 150nw
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

On purchase could not setup connection to printer via WPS but with HP Smart App it found the router and setup was completed.

A problem with the router meant a change of password and SSID. I can no longer connect the printer.

Using WPS brings no success. Using the App it says to connect via a USB cable to begin wiFi setup and immediately the printer is listed in Mac Preferences/Printers. The App however says no printer found.

Removing the printer from the list I restart the App and select the option to setup USB connection as WiFi not available. Again the printer is immediately listed. If I try and print and watch the queue the document his listed, sent to printer and the item is removed from the queue as I would expect to happen. Problem is the printer never actually prints anything or makes any noise to suggest it has received data.

Apparently the printer is no longer supported by HP (why!) but pointed at the community where I hope that someone will have a suggestion!?

PRH

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

One final observation; if the printer is in stand-by and I select print the printer wakes-up but doesn't print!?

PRH

HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer is supported by AirPrint and only a wireless connection is supported for a Mac computer.

Please make sure there is no USB in the back of the printer. then press and hold the wireless button for approx. 20 seconds, as soon as the attention light starts blinking release the button and allow the printer to restart.

From any supported Android or iOS device, Make sure it is connected to your home wireless network and that you can see an HP-Setup network in the nearby wireless networks list.

Open HP Smart and click the plus sign, then follow the screen and click on Add Printer or Setup and add a new printer and follow the steps to connect the printer to your wireless network.

Once connecting the printer, click the plus sign and add the printer to your Mac if it is not yet listed.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you for your assistance, a couple of questions;

Please make sure there is no USB in the back of the printer. then press and hold the wireless button for approx. 20 seconds, as soon as the attention light starts blinking release the button and allow the printer to restart. Have tried this but does not restart, on release of the wireless button the attention light stops blinking?

Open HP Smart and click the plus sign, then follow the screen and click on Add Printer or Setup and add a new printer and follow the steps to connect the printer to your wireless network. Do I do this on the Mac?

PRH

HP Recommended

Make sure the printer is ready, meaning a solid power light.

Press cancel to wake up the printer if it blinks.

Now press and hold the Wireless button, after 10 seconds the power lights starts blinking, keep pressing the button till the attention light starts blinking too, then release it.

You may find a detailed description on page 2 of below user guide:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06319126.pdf

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have followed your instructions; after about 15 seconds holding the wifi button the power light and attention light flash. Releasing the pressure on the wifi button does not restart the printer but simply the flashing attention light stoops and the power light returns to a steady light.

Checking iOS device there is a wifi under My Networks of DIRECT-58-HP Laser 150nw

Returning to my MAC I run the HP Smart App;

Add your first printer - clicked on Add Printer

Message - We couldn't find a printer.

Clicked on Set up a new printer

HP Recommended

Sorry - sent above too early!

Next step it offers me three methods of adding printer - Wireless - Ethernet - USB

Click on WiFi and next step it asks whether printer has a control panel. Then it asks for printer to be connected to USB to complete connection.

Click on connect - afetr several minutes states it cannot find printer.

Is it the printer or me doing something wrong?

PRH

HP Recommended

In addition to the above two comments:

I have connected the printer by Ethernet using HP Smart and still the app doesn't find it!!

Clicking on + in preferences brings the printer up as an option and connection is added and printer works albeit not shown as a printer in HP Smart.

So Ethernet works, USB is not supported and clearly a problem with the printers wifi connection. Should I return the printer for a refund?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.