Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 8600
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Recently after years of perfect use, my HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 stated it was offline and would not print. I tried all the troubleshooting and since it would not come back online, I opted to remove the printer and try to re-add it. Now I cannot get my Mac to find the printer at all, so I cannot add it back. HP has no support options, so hoping someone here might have a thought or solution. Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

How is the printer connected to your Mac? via USB, wirelessly connected or a wired network connection?

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Wirelessly. It's been that way for years. Worked great until two days ago. I have reset up the wireless connection and all the connections on the Printer settings show as GOOD. I have two Macs and neither can "find" the printer, however. 

HP Recommended

Please try restarting all devices.

Restart your router and allow several minutes to the internet connection to return.

Restart both the Mac and the printer and check if you may see any difference then.

If the same persists, have you changed anything in your network lately? e.g. a new router, any router update, etc.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.