Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Macbook Air 2017
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Hi,

I've been having a problem for some time now, with printing double-sided when I got this printer. The printer I have is Hp Plus Deskjet 2722e injekt printer.  When going to print something double-sided it won't actually let me click it and there is no response when clicking it.  I've tried going to system prefrences> printer and scanner > options, but it doesn't work. I don't know how to fix it. 

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 22.05.52.png

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Nathsn90,

I'd like to help!

I understand you would like to print on both sides.

The printer only supports manual duplex printing.

Print on both sides of the paper (Mac)

Set up a two-sided (duplex) printing job from a Mac computer with an HP printer.

1. To avoid page ordering issues, load enough paper into the paper tray to complete your print job.

NOTE: 

To avoid paper jams, do not print on both sides of envelopes, photo paper, glossy paper, or transparencies. Do not print on paper lighter than 60 g/m2 (16 lb) or heavier than 105 g/m2 (28 lb).

2. Determine if you want the pages to read as a booklet or a tablet.

Select booklet or tablet layout

Callout

Description

Booklet layout

Tablet layout

3. Open the document, click File > Print, and then click Show Details.

• If the Two-Sided setting is available, select the checkbox to enable it. Then from the unnamed print options menu, select Layout, select Long-Edge binding for booklet layout or Short-Edge binding for tablet layout from the Two-Sided menu, and then click Print.

Duplex printing settings in macOS

• If the Two-Sided setting is not available, continue to the next step.

4. From the unnamed print options menu, select Paper Handling, and then select Odd Only from the Pages to Print menu.

Selecting the odd pages to print first

5. Depending on your printer type, select an option from the Page Order menu.

• Paper input tray is at the front of the printer: Select Reverse

• Paper input tray is at the top rear of the printer: Select Automatic

6. Click Print.

7. After the first side prints, remove any remaining unprinted paper from the input tray.

8. Remove the printed pages from the output tray, and then reload them into the input tray.

• Paper input tray is at the front of the printer: Load the pages printed side up with the top edge in for booklet layout or bottom edge in for tablet layout.

Reloading the pages for duplex printing with a front paper tray

• Paper input tray is at the top rear of the printer: Load the pages printed side down with the top edge in for booklet layout or bottom edge in for tablet layout.

Reloading the pages for duplex printing with a rear paper tray

9. Return to the document print settings and select Even Only from the Pages to Print menu.

10. Select an option from the Page Order menu.

• Paper input tray is at the front of the printer: Select Normal

• Paper input tray is at the top rear of the printer: Select Automatic

11. Click Print.

Duplex settings might carry over to the next print job. To change back to one-sided printing, remove the check next to Two-Sided or select All pages from the Pages to Print menu.

You may refer to Print on both sides of the paper with an HP printer

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

I understand you are not able to print duplex with the Deskjet 2722e printer.  Checking the spec page for the printer shows this printer model does not support automatic duplex printing. Only manual duplex printing is supported.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c07129118#AbT8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMa39SbYdiM

I work on behalf of HP
Regards,
StretchMusic

If the answer provided resolves your issue please press the thumbs up button in order to make the answer available to others.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.