Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp deskjet ink advantage ultra 2529
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have margin problems with my printer hp deskjet all in one ink advantage ultra 2529. The problem is I've been set up the margin according to my documents. But when I printed, the below margin was not aligned with my computer. I already maintained my printer and align ink cartridges. There was no improvement at all 😭. Hopefully you can help me.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Faiqah_ms 

==============================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Be Aware:

Do not respond to individuals who post phone numbers or email addresses.

Do not post any private information in our public Community.

These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

=====================================================

This is one of those "rare beast" Deskjet printers that not only supports a smaller bottom margin - the printer also supports borderless (there may be restrictions to size / paper type).

Printer Specifications for HP Deskjet 2510, 2515, 2529 Printers

That said,

The printer model is six years old - I would imagine the issue started recently.

Part of the troubleshooting involves whether the printer is printing everything with the larger bottom margin.

If the issue afflicts all printing the issue might be one of maintenance.

Example document:

An 'Out of Paper' error displays, printer does not pick paper

Do not skip steps to clean the inside of the printer.

If the issue afflicts only certain documents - or even just one document - then the issue is perhaps the document setup (formatting, page size, header/footer location, for example).

Settings affect the outcome.

Actual Size might not work with documents that are created with certain formatting, page size, or header/footer data.

Shrink to Size might be required.

Adding borders to the document can create its own challenges.

Borders must be outside the header/footer area but inside the margins.

The document format itself affects how settings are adjusted, how margins are interpreted.

Printing from Word is different from printing a PDF file.

Printing a PDF file forces certain margin restrictions due to the way PDF formatting works.

The software you are using to view and submit the job to the printer makes a difference.

What to do?

If you have not done so,

Start with the rest of the printer maintenance - that is, make sure the printer is working as expected.

Do not neglect any of the steps.

If the document is formatted in Word, Export the document to PDF.

Print using Adobe Reader DC 

Set the document to "Fit" if testing shows Actual Size does not work.

Example

Manage Print Output with Print Preview_PDF_1FManage Print Output with Print Preview_PDF_1F

If you run out of ideas and ways to test the document output,

If everything else fails to resolve the odd margin issue,

Try / Consider

• Uninstall printer software
  • Restart the computer and log in
  • Install a fresh copy of the printer software

Uninstall Existing Printer Software (Full Feature Software)

Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features >

Find / Select > Uninstall the printer software

If software will not uninstall, appears to be removed and it “still hanging around”

Microsoft:  Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed

OR

Revo Uninstaller (Free version)

After the software is removed, Restart the computer and log in

Basic Instructions - Install Printer Software

• Download-and-Save the Full Feature Software / Print and Scan Driver and Accessories or HP Easy Start Printer Setup for your Operating System version.

HP DeskJet Ink Advantage Ultra 2529/2520hc All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drive... 

• Open File Explorer
  • Navigate to the folder in which you saved the installation file  (likely Downloads)
  • Right-Click on the installation package and “Run as Administrator
  • After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in

Additional Information / Resources

Adobe Reader DC – Install Whether You Use It or Not

If you have not done so,

Reinstall / Update your PDF Reader (Adobe Reader DC /Optional  Foxit Reader)

HINT:  Watch out for and UNCHECK unwanted extra software

NOTE:  Adobe Reader DC software can be installed even if you do not normally open / view / print PDF files directly from the Adobe Reader DC software.

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP DeskJet Ink Advantage Ultra 2529 All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.