Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4527
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi , Does anybody know why the HP printer installation software is still unable to properly install the correct drivers for this printer.  At some point last year my elderly mothers printer suddenly decided it would only print in black and white and the option for colour in the printer preferences tab disappeared.  After many hours i finally gave up trying to fix it and reinstalled windows and then the HP printer software from the HP website. Still no colour option !  After spending even more hours, I finally got it working using the TCIP option described in one of the posts.  Unfortunately (6 months later), I  had to reinstall windows on the PC again and once again same problem but after all that time, I could no longer remember how I fixed it, leading to more wasted hours until I remembered the solution mentioned above.

Does anybody know why this has become a problem?  It was fine when she bought it. Has a windows update caused this?  Cant HP fix the installation software?  I was almost about to dump the printer and buy another printer from a different manufacturer which is a shame because its a lovely printer and she loves the instant ink program,

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following below specific version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting your printer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe

Be sure to restart your PC and allow the utility to complete the process, then check for any difference.

Try printing and check for any change, if the same remains try printing using the newly added print queue copy (Copy1) and check for any difference.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi All

Thanks for your reply and I will certainly try this solution next time I have the problem.  As I mentioned earlier I have already resolved the issue by installing the printer drivers using the 'my printer not listed /TCIP / new driver' solution' posted elsewhere. I don't want to risk losing my fix !

My question is more, why has this not been properly fixed it should not be necessary to apply workarounds to set up  a printer on a fresh install of windows.  Whatever you are suggesting needs to be incorporated into the standard  software installation  process for this printer.  Non-IT literate customers will not be able to do this and will most likely not find this post.

Please feed my comments back to your software developers,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.