cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My HP Officejet Pro 8610 shows - on the Printer Status Report - as a Pro 8710 with different serial

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP officejet pro 861 0.   I was having trouble connecting wirelessly to new HP laptop.  It kept showing Officejet Pro 8710....so I got a Printer Status report from the printer and it shows it to be an 8710 with a different serial number than mine.  How can I fix this.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 5
Level 5
293 292 17 34
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank You for contacting HP.

I would recommend you to first try a firmware update on the printer.

While the printer is on the Home Screen, touch the set up icon, then select the Set UP Icon > Then Select Tools > Select > Update the Printer > Select Check Now.

Let the process complete.

Then you may print the Printer Status report and check the results.

If you need further assistance then please reply to this post.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

I´m an HP employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation